Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Praying Mantis


We are not the only ones praying and helping our garden grow. I have a big family of praying mantis's living and watching over our garden. My little boy has prayed for our garden every night at bedtime and this has been the best year for us so far. We don't have a lot of space but all of our plants have done very well, except the strawberries. There are not a lot of bugs that I
admire but I have to say I have found one.... The praying mantis. I see one every time I water the garden. I found one eating a tomato bug and one eating a fly. They love ants too. I sat and watched one for about 30 minutes as it was sneaking on a bug and it caught it so fast. I felt like a little kids just amazed as I admired it. I have to give these little creatures a gold star. They make me so excited and happy. Our tomato plants love them too. I have only sprayed for bugs once but then decided to let these wonderful insects do their job and keep my garden safe. A big thanks to the Praying Mantis!

2 comments:

  1. That is a crazy shot!!! Bugs scare me but I guess some are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW, I also love the praying mantis. It is always a treat to see one. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Check out my Portfolio

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed