Friday, February 5, 2010

skiing / snowboarding

Andy showing off his moves
Lauren rocks!! She is an amazing snow boarder.

This is some random dude hitting the jumps. Oh I wish I could feel that rush. I don't think I could have handled the landing though.

I love the powder effect!

This is my amazing husband!! This was his first time ever snow boarding. This is not intended to be a pose but its just after a pretty hard crash. Looks like he is posing and I love it!

I love this picture. She looks so relaxed


I had a chance to take some photos while we went skiing with our friends this week. What a great time. It was so nice to be on skis again. I didn't ever think that a ski season would pass that I wouldn't have the chance to go skiing. Its amazing how fast time flies by and then you realize that more than 5 years has past and you haven't hit the slopes not even once. I guess that's what happens when you start a family and kids are in the oven.lol. I can't even tell you how amazing it was. The smell, taste, sound and the feeling was remarkable. It was perfect and more than I thought it would be. It was like riding a bike. It all came back to me so perfectly. In fact when I came home and fell asleep in my bed I had dreams of skiing all night, just like I did when I was younger. The only difference in this trip and trips when I was younger was. I wore knee braces on both knees. I was not as daring and didn't go on one jump. Instead I watched everyone jump and took pictures. I couldn't chance another torn ACL. I couldn't take the time off work to get another knee worked on. I don't think I could handle more pain from another Physical therapist either. Another thing that was nice was it was only 2 hours to go skiing. All threw middle school and high school we went to Powder Horn CO and it was a 5 hour bus ride squished. Most of the time I just made the isle my bed.lol. Memories. Awww I love skiing!!! I can't wait to show my kids one thing that I truly love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out my Portfolio

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed